Monday, September 15, 2008

Lyon

I'm not going to do the whole "Lonely planet" thing here, but because I do
think Lyon doesn't get the appreciation it deserves, I will stop here and just say:

1. It's very pretty city, with hills around it and a very medieval feel.
It actually got a UNESCO thingy for being the most medieval/renaissance/something city. In plain English: it's very pretty.

2. People in Lyon are super friendly. Even friendlier than in Paris!

3. Lyon is (apparently) the gastronomic capital of France. I don't even think there's much of a dispute about it. Something to do with it being on a crossroad in the olden days... From everything I tasted, I would have to say that it's probably true.

And it's way cheaper than Paris, so everything feels like a bargain!

There you go. Lyon rocks.

Oh... Almost forgot.

4. Yannick came down to see me, so I also had top notch company while in Lyon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See, I knew you'd like Lyon!
Ade