Thursday, October 16, 2008

Blast from the Past

I didn't have the time or inclination to do a proper hotel research for Bologna, and booked the Starhotel which seemed pretty nice. Well, it is nice. And very central and all.
A bit of a shock.
It sorta took me back to the times where I was still employed and had to travel for work and stay in the standard business hotels. You know – the cookie-cutter type. Dark timber furniture. Standard bathroom. Standard TV. Outrageously priced internet.
Not sure I can put my finger on it, but in the last 5 months that I have been on the road- everywhere I stayed was, well, different. Some places cooler than others. Some newer, some older, some not so awesome even. But it has been a LONG LONG time since I stayed in a standard business hotel.
Nothing wrong with it (apart from the overpriced internet) – it just made me realise....

No comments: