Saturday, August 16, 2008

Arriving in Istanbul

Istanbul airport is pretty schmick actually. Looks nice and new and clean. And it works pretty well too.
Until you get to Passport control that is.
Crazy stuff I tell you.
A billion people in something that has to be a queue, but isn't really. I mean a queue has the property of resembling (more or less) a line. This thing was more of a cube that randomly spits people out in some obscure order.
Part of the problem was (obviously) that there weren't enough passport checkers (lunch time! I should have known better than that!!)
Part of it was the fact that some people were ordered to go somewhere else and get their passports stamped or something and come back. So there was this constant movement of people to the back and front of the queue.
And it was very very very hot.
And the lights weren't working so it was all in semi-darkness.

It was actually all pretty amusing to me to be honest (not like I have a meeting to get to in a hurry) until the fat lady fainted... There was a lot of drama and crying and yelling, and all of a sudden a bunch of passport checkers appeared out of nowhere and within 10 minutes I was in.

No comments: