Sunday, August 3, 2008

Getting Upgraded and Heading North

Confession Time.

Going north was my idea. I have seen some pics parents' estate/farm up near Leads ages ago, and thought that spending a weekend in Yorkshire would be very cool.

And it was.

It even started well. We agreed that it would make more sense to rent a car than train up and down with the masses... So we got to the car rental place early on Friday, and found out they ran out of the car class we booked (aka "C for CHEAP" class) and that we have been upgaraded to a VW Eos. That's the cool little car that can be transformed from a hardtop coupe to a convertible at the push of a button. We both went yay and were on our way.

What can I say? I'm no idiot. I know no car can make you sexy. But I would argue this car kinda makes you feel a little bit sexy, which I reckon is all you can ask for in a weekend car.

The drive up was a breeze. Partly because the car was so cool and fun to drive, partly because Will did all the driving (I suck at driving a stick) and I was in charge of the playlist. Three and a bit hours later we were driving into Leeds looking for Martyn , Will's dad,who spent the day drinking at the cricket... I thought that the Priscilla soundtrack was a good musical choice for that part of the drive, which won us quite a few WTF looks from passers-by.

Found Martyn and his mate John (both pleasantly tipsy) and headed to some very posh pub for dinner, where we were joined by the wives. (I mean Will's mum and John's wife. Not Will's wife and mine).

No comments: