Monday, July 28, 2008

Adios Argentina and Salut France

British Airways flight was delayed because of bad weather in London (no surprises there!)
That meant that I had to also change my onward flight to Paris and spend some four hours at Heathrow (in addition to the four hours I spent waiting for the original flight in Bs As airport).

Kept my cool, and didn't let it annoy me. Explored all the different options to pass the time (from food and drink to massage and free facials) at the new Terminal 5 and was pretty cheerful by the time I got on the flight to Paris.

Flight was delayed even further because some stupid woman didn't board and they had to get rid of her luggage (my theory is that she passed out at the BA Champagne bar), and that got me into Paris right in time for rush hour traffic.

I dare say the million people on the train were less than impressed with the space I consumed together with my luggage, and I think they also made a couple of fairly vocal comments about me, my mother and bloody toursits in general. I kept a big apologetic smile on my face mumbling stupid excuses in an American accent and then rushed straight to my hotel.

No comments: