Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Meeting Eraldo and Gabrielle

Everybody - say hi to Eraldo.


So I was having dinner at a Brazilian bar/cafe (pretty ordinary food, but I had to learn it the hard way), and this dude was giving someone very passionate Portuguese instructions or directions over the phone. So we got chatting (I obviously looked the exact opposite of a local, which gives friendly strangers a reason to come say hi) and i can confirm to you all that Eraldo is actually really cool.
Eraldo goes to uni and is also an English teacher, which made communication very easy. It has been a while since I had the opportunity to chat with
someone in English for more than 30 seconds, so that was a very welcome development.
Then Gabrielle joined us. Gabrielle, being the invisible person on the other end of Eraldo's mobile. I can now say that I know an Amazonian woman! And mean it. Gabrielle actually lives in a small town by the Amazon. Where she teaches English too. Is that cool or what?

No comments: