Sunday, July 27, 2008

Leaving Buenos Aires. With a *BANG*

Last day in Buenos Aires started pretty good.
For over two weeks I was ignoring the growing pile of washing, dreading the inevitable half-day ceremony of washing/drying/folding.
You can therefore imagine my relief when I discovered a cute little lavaderia down the road with a friendly woman only too happy to do it all for me for 10 pesos. That is $3 that bought me half a day of doing-nothing. As a special gift from myself to myself for having the initiative I also treated myself to a great 2-hour massage.

And then came the oven incident.
I decided it's time I do something in the kitchen, after having steak virtually every night. So I got one of those half baked pumpkin/spinach pies at the supermarket and placed it in the pre-heated oven.
Two minutes later, there's a mighty BOOM and the oven's door shatters into a billion tiny bits of glass.
Obviously I was not meant to cook for myself in Buenos Aires.

Seems pretty funny right now, but at the time it was a bit of a scary experience. Not to mention the fact that I had to go to bed hungry...

No comments: